shallow pool - zero depth entry & toddler cove
The Shallow Play Pool provides multiple areas for families or individuals to enjoy the day at MPAC. Renovating the existing wading pool to provide a zero depth entry, small train themed toddler slide as well as a "toddler cove" allowing those with special access needs as well as families with young children a place to relax and enjoy the benefits of water play. Providing a barrier between the zero depth access and the toddler cove is a long shaded water bench.
- Zero Depth Entry
- Train Themed Toddler Slide
- Water bench with 16' dia. shade
- Toddler Cove
- Easy Access Entry Stairs
- Shaded Lounge Areas
plunge & play zone
In addition to the toddler cove area, a new "plunge & play" area has been created. This area with water depths ranging from 3'-0" to 3'-6" hosts a vast space of open shallow water for swimming and play. Two new slides, an open body slide, 176 ft in length as well as a family slide 8'-0" wide and 43 ft in length, are located in this area and provide an exciting experience for all ages.
- Open Body Slide: 176 ft long ride - 24.5' Tall
- Family Slide: 42 ft long ride - 14' Tall - 8' Wide
- 1,730 square feet of Open Swim Surface Area
- 875 square feet of Plunge Surface Area
- 1,209 square feet of Zero Depth & Toddler Cove
easy access stairs
Access to these spaces are also important, there are 4 main points of access to the shallow pool. With one being the zero depth entry. The other three main points of entry are easy access stairs. One located near the toddler area and the other two within the plunge and play area.
- 116 feet in length & 917 square feet of water surface area
- Water jets create a "current" in the water around an interior barrier
- Great for families where guest can swim or float with the current
- Great for individuals & exercise programs where guests can walk or swim against the current.
116 ft in length and 8'-0" wide, the current channel provides entertainment as well as additional programming for exercise. Children and families can choose to float and swim with the current. While exercise programs can be held in the current channel, walking against the current for additional resistance. The interior of the channel provides an area for landscaping, creating a relaxing environment.